Thursday, April 29, 2010

Dress Up Parties

Topic # 5

I've never really been a fan of dress up parties in the past, although sometimes fun, most of the time they are much more stressful than a normal party, especially if you're the one holding it.

S and I have planned a dress up party for this weekend but I've decided today to pull the pin on the dress up part due to dress-up-party-host-related-stress. There's the stress of wondering if people will come, if enough people will come, then wondering if they'll wear costumes, will you be the only one in costume? Inversely there's the stress that someone puts in much more effort than everyone else and subsequently doesn't fit in.

It's all a massive pain and can easily be avoided by hosting a normal party. What were we thinking!

In other news, finalising time off work and my trip up to Queensland for my Young Endeavour Voyage now. It's all getting very exciting!

Also, S wants a cat and I have agreed to this idea in principle if she can arrange the purchase of said cat. I will subsequently be a 'cat person' despite being a 'non cat person' for 23+ years. Sigh. End of an era.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment