Thursday, April 15, 2010

First Post

Decision to Blog and Blog Name

Well the main reason is to write down the few interesting things that come out of my head each day for strangers to enjoy! The second reason is, quite frankly, I'm jealous of my girlfriend S and her sweet blog (Everyone Knows It's Slinky) and want in on the action!

I will endeavor to make my blogs as short and interesting as possible with lots of pretty pictures of my exploits!

Topic #1

Small things that have made me happy lately.

Driving on the F1 track.

For males, the epitome of cool occupations has to be either international race car driver or jet fighter / helicopter pilot. And for about 10 minutes last week I was one, an F1 driver that is. I got to drive on the Albert Park F1 track, corners 4, 5 and even 6, the home straight and the pits, albeit at 50km/h. This brief and glorious period between when the track is packed up and the public road reopens allows males throughout Melbourne to enjoy pretending to be Jenson Button.







Eating cereal at my desk.


Nothing beats migrating personal time to work time and I'm a massive advocate of this. So far I've managed to migrate exercise, showering, blogging, and now breakfast to work time!



Views of Melbourne

This is the view from my office window, pretty nice right! Nothing brings a smile to my face more than a view of Melbourne. This particular view, from Albert Park, is a new one for me, I've done all angles and distances, Hume Hwy first glance around the corner, over the Bay from the Peninsula, straight up St Kilda Road, Peering out our old Hawthorn flat's window and all never fail to make me happy!


Hamish and Andy Podcasts

I love listening to Hamish and Andy but can't stand the music on Fox or the ads or anything to do with their station at all really so have in the past have pretty much cut my loses and listened to Triple j drive. I've just recently, and I know very late, discovered Podcasts and this is the one I've become most addicted to, can't wait to open iTunes and download yesterday's straight away in the mornings. Hamish to Andy's straight man have me chuckling out loud to an office of bemused coworkers every day.

1 comment: